Catalyst v13.1
If AMD had possibility to see how much oclhashcat-lite boosted their sales, they would not speak like this. Sad that there were no statistics about quantity of cards buy'ed even for sl3 only. Somehow I think that they have other problems regarding drivers.
In terms of the explicit demands you have for AMD - do you have a "template" email that users could just sign at the end and send in?

A bit like a standardised email petition , I suppose?

People like me would probably be happy to help but don't really know what to ask for.

Enable us to help us to help you to help us ;-)

Thanks

Sykopuppy
So, you have tested it on linux 3.2. But do you have tested it on newer kernels ? For example 3.5 or 3.7 ?
12.8 runs fine on 3.6.11. 13.1 will too.
For sure. But I'm interested into speeds. What about speeds ? Are they higher or lower on newer kernels ?
as speed doesn't even vary between Win and Linux we can safely assume the kernel won't affect performance at all.
Yes it's very likely. But linux is getting faster and it interacts better with hardware with every release. Would be good to try.
The only part of the kernel that interacts with the hardware is the fglrx module. The only thing that changes in the vanilla kernel which affects the fglrx module is the API, which only effects building the module and does not affect performance.
There is also no performance difference between Linux and Windows which shows that we are already working on a very low level.
i presume that windows and linux share a common binary blob