ERROR: cuMemcpyDtoH() 700
(02-16-2013, 07:31 AM)squadx Wrote: maybe I simply don't understand mask attacks, and don't see how they would benefit if it's soley a guaranteed 10 digit number

yeah then you don't understand how masks work at all.

if you know for a fact that it will be a 10 digit number, there is no reason to make a dictionary when you can generate all the combinations on the fly with something like:

Code:
oclHashcat-plus64.bin -a 3 hashfile ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d
(02-16-2013, 07:25 AM)squadx Wrote: because the password is a guaranteed to be a 10 digit number, no characters...instead of generating the list from 1 - 10, i do it in chunks.

How would a mask be more effective?

(02-16-2013, 07:31 AM)squadx Wrote: maybe I simply don't understand mask attacks, and don't see how they would benefit if it's soley a guaranteed 10 digit number

so create a mask that is exactly 10 digits long.

dictionary attacks on GPU are slow because you cannot give them enough work to keep them busy. they're usually the same speed, if not slower, than using the CPU. the only way you can give a GPU enough work to keep it busy with a dictionary attack is to use lots of rules.

conversely, the mask engine generates candidates on the GPU. therefore you're guaranteed to get full GPU acceleration, provided your keyspace is large enough.

so your 10-digit number would run substantially faster as a mask attack than as a straight dictionary attack.
ok cool, i'l give this a whirl a bit later today..sorry for not understanding the mask attack.
considering though it will still process the same keys, and appears to be running at the same keys/second rate...the only advantage would appear to be not having to create the dictionary, im still running 28-29k/per
what algorithm, and what gpu?
wpa (2500) accel at 25, gpu at 40, on geforce 660 ti
ok, well that explains why. slow algorithm, slow gpu, extremely odd settings.
any setting changes in the cmd line argument are minimal increase or decrease regardless of what settings have been used.

for a single mid level video card, i dont think looking at speed comparisons list it's that slow...but to each their own

either way your ?d.... command proves to be no more effective in usage regardless of hardware other than my time to generate dict file
our "?d.... command" makes a huge difference on fast gpus with fast hashes. you cannot reach full acceleration with straight dictionary attacks.

your mid-level nvidia gpu is still an nvidia gpu, and all nvidia gpus suck at hash cracking.

you should be using --gpu-loops 4096 with wpa. why you are setting it at 40 -- which is well below the default value of 64 -- is beyond me. also your -n value isn't a multiple of 8.
well if this is sposed to be the more efficient command. since I don't like having the PC running non-stop for 4 days.

can you use the ?d argument and still limit it to a range? part of the benefit of creating the dictionary is being able to make a dictionary file that is within say 9000000000 to 9500000000

I assume you can do 9?d?d.... but can you put an ending range in there there?