AMD Radeon R9 290X
ok. so, assuming the rumored core configuration is correct, we can conservatively expect a 25-30% increase in performance over the 7970 Ghz Edition, and optimistically expect a 37.5% increase. and possibly better multi-hash performance due to increased memory bandwidth.

i think we'll go ahead and order 8 of them and see how they pan out. hopefully the price will drop down some in the coming months, 600 USD is a bit spendy.
(10-02-2013, 10:00 AM)epixoip Wrote: i think we'll go ahead and order 8 of them and see how they pan out. hopefully the price will drop down some in the coming months, 600 USD is a bit spendy.
Price drops usually happen when The Green Competitor releases something new or when sales are worse than expected.

Buying 8 of them is a risky investment, unless you're gonna test one first before unpacking/returning the rest.

Anyways, NDA will be lifted on 15th of October, so we'll know the truth soon.
nah, it's not risky. that's precisely what the r&d budget is for Wink we'll toss 8 into a tyan ft77 and see how they perform. if they aren't stellar, we can still use them internally.
(10-02-2013, 05:09 PM)epixoip Wrote: nah, it's not risky. that's precisely what the r&d budget is for Wink we'll toss 8 into a tyan ft77 and see how they perform. if they aren't stellar, we can still use them internally.
I would love working in your company Smile
i'll let you know when we are hiring Wink
Another source, confirms 2816 shaders at stock 0.8Ghz and 1 Ghz turbo.
That's 2253/2816 GIOPS, vs 2048 GIOPS for 7970 Ghz edition.
So it's 10 - 37.5% faster.
The price sucks though, 10k SEK is around 1572.8427 USD.
Either those boys are greedy or AMD really wants the R9-290X to have a price tag of $1k.
ouch, that price! you can buy 2x 7990 for that... but i wonder if it's more because it's a special edition or whatever. or maybe this company is just being greedy, trying to rip off the suckers like me who rush out to buy one immediately Wink

a base clock of 800 Mhz makes more sense from a cooling perspective. i wondered how they were going to maintain a 1Ghz clock with 37% more stream processors, while keeping essentially the same cooling solution.
Greedy Swedes are greedy, newegg source for a stock R9 290X.
Another one.
Looks good.
awesome Big Grin
(09-26-2013, 07:45 PM)epixoip Wrote: it's also still GCN, not GCN2.

Brother is GCN2 faster more than GCN ?

could you give me the one link about GPU with GCN2

My Respect

Thank you