computer crashes when running ocHashcat 1.31
Tongue 
Hi all! Smile

I am trying to run ochashcat on my brand new windows machine (Windows 7 64bit), after a minute or two ochashcat runs, the computer shuts down horrifically (completely shuts down, it doesn't even restarts!).
I installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website, except the AMD Catalyst which is in version 14.9 (I had compatibility issues with ochashcat at the latest catalyst 14.12 version..)

First I suspected it was an insufficient power supply (I had a 1000W seasonic gold PSU) checking this website proved me right, so I quickly replaces the old 1000 Watts with a shiny new 1500 Watts Enermax. which has the exact same problem..

I though it might be an overheat problem, but the computer is in a conditioned room and the whole case is open for a better air flow. In addition, isn't it more reasonable defense mechanism to restart the computer instead of shutting it down so the fans will keep spinning?? or even more reasonable- the cards will down-clock themselves to a level they wont overheat??

Please help!

specs:

CPU: core i5 4460

Board: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK

RAM: 8GB

Graphics: dual AMD Radeon™ HD 7990 Graphics Card (total of 4 cores per 2 cards)

PSU: 1500W ENERMAX
If the case is open, then there is no airflow. There is just air around the parts, but surely no flow. And the 7990 is no cake to handle because of its temp and power issues and you got two of them. But still that crash you describe is a hefty one. That's definitly a hardware problem and not related to drivers or slt.

You ruled out the PSU so that should be fine. Did you monitor temps and Watts while running oclhashcat? Have you tested the memory properly? Did you try some other extensive benchmark i.e. Luxmark? Anything overclocked? Newest BIOS? Are the 7990s used ones so they might be damaged already (maybe by some gruel Bitcoin miners)? Did you try each card on their own to see if the system is fine then?
I have latest BIOS installed. I attached a screenshot of the MSI Afterburner screen monitoring the temperature and the voltage a second before the computer crashed while running ochashcat for a minute or two.. this is leading me to yet another problem- GPU Temp is not displayed anywhere.. I tried using GPUZ, HWmonitor and almost any other monitoring tool that I could find but it doesnt detects any temperature.. the only thing that worked was the MSI Afterburner with temperatures around 35C.. (does it seems right? looks to low for me..) and it didnt showed the Watts (the graph stacks at 0..)
In addition, I couldnt get the AMD CCC open for some reason..I tried to clean install CCC again but it doesn't seems to be cooperative and still refuses to open Sad
nothing is overclocked. I have the same problem with another computer which has one Radeon HD7990 and one Radeon R9 290X..
any Ideas?
Ok, first of all your screenshot only shows CPU temps, for GPU you should have scrolled up. Start trying one card at the time and see if it works (same for the other system you mentioned). Do a clean uninstall with AMD uninstall utility 1.4.0.0. Reinstall the 14.9 driver and see if the CC works (right click no double click). Check the memory for errors with Windows Memory Diagnostic.
I usually use HWInfo64 for all the measurement and that works fine with me.