Fresh install of Windwos 8.1, Catalyst 14.9, on Radeon R9 290

Running oclhashcat 1.36, benchmark mode :

Code:
WARN: ADL_Overdrive6_FanSpeed_Get(): -5
and
Code:
HWMon.GPU.#1...: -1% Util, -1c Temp, N/A Fan

Seems like it can't get the temperature and the fan speed
However a tool like GPU-Z can see the fan speed, but not the temperature (0.0°C).

Can I conclude that the temp sensor of my card is dead ?
What about the fan speed sensor, it seems to work, is it an oclhashcat issue ?

Thank you.
Just add to register to device manager show hidden device and check grapic card tab and I think 95% that you will got there unavalible card just delete it restart computer and this error will gone.
Hi wgmmmx, just checked it, the card is normal and OK in the device manager.
Any help please ?
Should I post in TRAC ?
oclHashcat just reads this information from ADL, so it's not a hashcat issue.
Is it a driver issue ? Or a card issue ?
For info, same for v1.37
I'd say that either your card has a problem or you are using a bad pci-e extender. If you have another card, try swapping it with the problematic one to see if you get the same issue.
I think we already saw some behavior like this with non-reference design cards. What happened in that case was (presumably): the OEM manufacturer did try to save some costs and did reuse old and adjusted (custom) GPU firmwares with *only-overdrive-5* support for new cards from AMD.
The driver in that case (presumably) did recognize the card itself as a new (the correct) model (which should be overdrive6 of course), but nevertheless overdrive6 did not work (because not working with that firmware?).

If it is the case that you have such a non-reference design AMD GPU, this scenario might be true for you too.

There are very many oclHashcat users which did (or still) use R9 290 or R9 290(x) reference design cards and have no problem with overdrive 6 (and do not get this warning).

This could be a further good argument to always buy reference design cards (besides other factors like better cooling in multi GPU environments etc).
Oh, yeah, that's a really good point, philsmd. I've received several bug reports for od6config where people are using OEM design R9 cards that are still shipping with OD5 firmware.