GTX 1070 & 1080
Thanks for the quick writeup. I'm looking forward to see the first benches when you get the first "christmas pile" of the new cards
First web page I see if It is not avoid http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.asp...P4-6180-KR
Looks like AMD gave up. According to the latest rumors we will see their polaris cards between 26.05-29.05 in macau. They also wrote the AMD cards can't compete with the current nvidia cards. They also won't be faster than the current AMD cards. They may release a new card in 2017 which can compete with the pascal.

http://www.zolkorn.com/news/amd-will-be-...his-month/
How entirely unexpected Tongue
First OpenCL benchmarks surface.
Take a good look at bitcoin mining!
I'd like to see what clock speed that's running at though, i don't see speeds in the info tab. Also, when compared to the titan-x for the same tests, it's roughly on par. Better on some tests, worse on others. Definitely could be a competitive card but maybe not quite the titan killer the news is touting it as? If it performs about as well as a Titan-X but for only 180W, I might considering trading mine out for some 1080s just to save money on power. Even if it's slightly slower for some things.

https://compubench.com/device.jsp?benchm...up=overall

EDIT: Found some speeds in the info tab.
CL_DEVICE_MAX_CLOCK_FREQUENCY 1733

Is that a dynamic value or is that just a manufacturer set flag that doesnt change with OC? If that was really at stock clock + boost, that leaves a lot of room for improvement, assuming we see overclocks like the card at the demo(500+MHz OC, up to 2114MHz)
I've read elsewhere that watercooled 1080s may have core clocks of 2.5 GHz and according to that source it may be enough to beat GP100 performance-wise at some tasks.
(05-16-2016, 12:44 PM)Rolf Wrote: I've read elsewhere that watercooled 1080s may have core clocks of 2.5 GHz and according to that source it may be enough to beat GP100 performance-wise at some tasks.

WCCFTech is notorious for spreading rumors and BS though. I'd take everything with a grain of salt from them. They are banned as a source on several subreddits due to their wild claims with 0 evidence to back them up.

Even in that article, some of the things they are saying don't make sense. Of course the 1080 has higher single precision than the P100 when overclocked, but even though they are both pascal, i wouldnt consider it a fair comparison. The P100 is designed for a different purpose and actually has a different die layout as well with only 1 block of 64 CUDA cores per SM instead of 2 like the 1080. It also was focused on FP16 performance and memory bandwidth for deep learning simulations, and has a measurable double precision speed that i doubt the 1080 has(assuming nvidia went the same route as they did with maxwell and basically cut double out for more single precision).

This source has a bit of the same information though not quite as hyped up.

http://vrworld.com/2016/05/10/pascal-sec...-gtx-1080/

No claims of 2.4GHz on air cooling, though they are saying that the 2.5GHz reported overclock may be reached via Water cooling, which makes me doubt the validity of 2.4GHz on just air cooling(unless that was run up against the thermal limits pretty closely). Also sounds like the AIB cards are going to be using a good bit of power over the stock 180W to run at those speeds according to this, with the 225W limit of the single 8pin+pci-e being too little for anything over 2.2GHz.
(05-16-2016, 11:46 AM)Chick3nman Wrote: EDIT: Found some speeds in the info tab.
CL_DEVICE_MAX_CLOCK_FREQUENCY     1733
Is that a dynamic value or is that just a manufacturer set flag that doesnt change with OC?

That is a static value. Nvidia's OpenCL runtime does not expose realtime clock values.
(05-16-2016, 04:12 PM)epixoip Wrote: That is a static value. Nvidia's OpenCL runtime does not expose realtime clock values.

Ok, so we don't know the clock for those benchmarks then.