Anyone here made a service?
Question 
I was wondering if anyone who builds these rigs with multilple graphic cards use them as more of a hobby and to learn or if some of them utilize them to make a bit of profit?

Like if you made a service saying password recovery and someone hands you a hash and if you crack it they pay before you release kind of deal?

I believe this will be legal as long as you state the hash is there's and if there is any legal trouble it would be there end? IDK.. just an idea and i would love to here your guys opinions!

Please comment them (:
K
I'm a hobbyist myself and many here use this for security auditing AFAIK - both within their own organisations and when auditing others. I'm sure folk are out there wrapping this as the kind of service you've outlined too. Just not sure they'll be on here admitting it though...
(07-01-2016, 01:15 AM)rico Wrote: I'm a hobbyist myself and many here use this for security auditing AFAIK - both within their own organisations and when auditing others. I'm sure folk are out there wrapping this as the kind of service you've outlined too. Just not sure they'll be on here admitting it though...

thanks for the reply, and i can see how there could be some unwanted answers regarding the service !
K
(07-01-2016, 01:40 AM)Hashkitty Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 01:15 AM)rico Wrote: I'm a hobbyist myself and many here use this for security auditing AFAIK - both within their own organisations and when auditing others. I'm sure folk are out there wrapping this as the kind of service you've outlined too. Just not sure they'll be on here admitting it though...

thanks for the reply, and i can see how there could be some unwanted answers regarding the service !

some stuff u can do about having couple of hashcracking rig.

1, going into small/medium/big bussiness and offer them to crack hashes for them, i can see one way u can do it , is to go to their IT guys and ask for the hashes from their workstation machines , with that u could compare and see how many repeated password their is, and teach them(the working ppl in the company) how to select a good password which they can remmber, explain them about security and stuff..

2, if u have some knowing into programing u could do a web service that ppl would pay u for using ur power rigs to crack hashes , like a hacking rig rental, 1h for x money

this are the 2 main things, i can think of if u want to get money 
ofc u can crack hashes for a payment their is some forums that do so, but the pay is quite low. if u want to get better and get experience u can allway do that for free or to get pay for a small amount