Show which dictionary cracked the hash.
Hey guys.

I'm doing a batch job with multiple dictionaries and rules and cracked some hashes from my hashfile. Now I would like to know which dictionary / rule combination cracked these hashes. 

Is there any way of finding out? I tried the output command but it just shows the same info as the pot file.
Why can't you just grep for the plaintext in the dictionaries?
Why can't I just use the dictionaries without a batch? Because it's more work.
It's more work to write a one line bash script? Wow.
Looking through the dictionaries won't tell you which rule was used.

For future work, or if you want to run your job again, check out --debug-mode. Mode 4 may be what you're looking for. This won't help you find out after the fact, of course. Smile
~
(10-17-2016, 03:37 PM)royce Wrote: Looking through the dictionaries won't tell you which rule was used.

For future work, or if you want to run your job again, check out --debug-mode. Mode 4 may be what you're looking for. This won't help you find out after the fact, of course. Smile

You're right. I miss read that he wanted to know the rule too.
(10-17-2016, 03:31 PM)richk Wrote: It's more work to write a one line bash script? Wow.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension.
(10-17-2016, 04:10 PM)Krytos Wrote:
(10-17-2016, 03:31 PM)richk Wrote: It's more work to write a one line bash script? Wow.

No reason to be hostile. The subject line "Show which dictionary cracked the hash" seemed pretty clear.
(10-17-2016, 03:37 PM)royce Wrote: Looking through the dictionaries won't tell you which rule was used.

Thanks a lot! Smile
(10-17-2016, 04:20 PM)richk Wrote:
(10-17-2016, 04:10 PM)Krytos Wrote:

No reason to be hostile. The subject line "Show which dictionary cracked the hash" seemed pretty clear.

How am I being hostile? You answer my question with another question and that without even understanding what I was asking in the first place. All I'm doing is telling you that you need to read what I wrote. If you feel offended by that, that's on you. Not me.