nvidia Quadro P400
does anyone know if an nvidia  Quadro P400 work on hashcat? has anyone tried a Quadro P400

i found that the tesla card needs to be connected to the quadro in order to work

also the tesla is too big for the case part of it sticks out the back and the plastic case around the cpu heatsink and fan gets in the way of the other end so i am looking to  try a quadro
Why are you considering these cards?
(04-07-2017, 11:41 PM)epixoip Wrote: Why are you considering these cards?

because it is the entry level model that will or should work for cuda number crunching.

i have a geforce 8500 gt i bought in 2012 for gaming and despite 16 cores of cuda it gives errors like device local mem is too small or a core dump crash happens i think 512 meg is may the problem.

if you know of any sub$200 card that world work with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) rolling or hashcat right out of the box please list it.
(04-08-2017, 02:42 PM)ejonesss Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 11:41 PM)epixoip Wrote: Why are you considering these cards?

because it is the entry level model that will or should work for cuda number crunching.

i have a geforce 8500 gt i bought in 2012 for gaming and despite 16 cores of cuda it gives errors like device local mem is too small or a core dump crash happens i think 512 meg is may the problem.

if you know of any sub$200 card that world work with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)) rolling or hashcat right out of the box please list it.
Unless work or other considerations are forcing you to Quadro cards, take a look at the GTX 1050 or 1060 (slightly above your budget).
Quadro P400 and GTX1050 share the same chip. No need to buy the professional card, just save some money and go with the GTX1050.
When on a tight budget, turn to the used market.
(04-11-2017, 10:14 PM)Flomac Wrote: Quadro P400 and GTX1050 share the same chip. No need to buy the professional card, just save some money and go with the GTX1050.

did you check the other parts around the chip like the resistors and capacitors the chip may be the same but it is programmed to work differently on the cheaper cards.

just like intel does to bin the pentiums to prevent overclocking.

i see that the quadro p400 is $139 witch isnt too bad and it is professional enough that i doubt that nvidia is going to legacy it any time soon.

also if you know the folks over at The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) why wrote the instructions at

https://www.The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali).org/news/cloud-cracking-with-cuda-gpu/ and find out what  version of The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) they was using to write the blog entry on i can reproduce those conditions and finally end the boot problems.
Professional graphics cards are slower and way more expensive than their desktop counterparts. There's no reason to pay the upcharge.
(04-12-2017, 04:14 PM)ejonesss Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 10:14 PM)Flomac Wrote: Quadro P400 and GTX1050 share the same chip. No need to buy the professional card, just save some money and go with the GTX1050.

did you check the other parts around the chip like the resistors and capacitors the chip may be the same but it is programmed to work differently on the cheaper cards.

I just did and I'm sorry, I thought the specs where the same. They're not.
Though it's the same chip, the GTX 1050 has 640 cores, while the P400 has only 256.
Comparing the GFLOPS with the GTX1050, the P400 has only 1/3 (one third) of its power.

In other words, that card is complete BS for Hashcat. Don't buy it under any circumstance.
Get a used GTX750Ti, it will be faster. Get a used GTX960, it will be much faster. Get a GTX1060, it will be way faster.

The real equivalent to the GTX1050 is the P1000, which sells for more than a GTX1070. Which is >3 times faster. Ouch.
the GTX1060 is a geforce and i think the geforce is a legacy product and wont work  i have the geforce 8500 gt and the drivers complain that it is legacy  though i got the driver installed so the nvidia control panel will see the card hashcat still does not see it