CL_PLATFORM_NOT_FOUND_KHR Error
#1
I am looking for help debugging this error when running hashcat
Code:
erik@JoanClarke:~$  sudo hashcat -m 2500 -w 1  Documents/HouseE.hccapx wordlists/rockyou.txt [sudo] password for erik: hashcat (v3.5.0-76-gb924901) starting... clGetPlatformIDs(): CL_PLATFORM_NOT_FOUND_KHR Started: Sun May  7 16:07:00 2017 Stopped: Sun May  7 16:07:00 2017 erik@JoanClarke:~$

I am currently running a RX 570 Sapphire card in my pci slot.

Code:
erik@JoanClarke:~$ sudo lshw -C display [sudo] password for erik:   *-display                       description: VGA compatible controller        product: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]        vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]        physical id: 0        bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0        version: ef        width: 64 bits        clock: 33MHz        capabilities: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom        configuration: driver=amdgpu latency=0        resources: irq:124 memory:e0000000-efffffff memory:f0000000-f01fffff ioport:e000(size=256) memory:f7e00000-f7e3ffff memory:c0000-dffff erik@JoanClarke:~$

and an Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4400 @ 3.30GHz cpu
#2
Do you have an OpenCL runtime installed?

https://hashcat.net/faq/wrongdriver

$ apt-get install ocl-icd-libopencl1 opencl-headers clinfo
~
#3
(05-07-2017, 10:36 PM)royce Wrote: Do you have an OpenCL runtime installed?

https://hashcat.net/faq/wrongdriver

$ apt-get install ocl-icd-libopencl1 opencl-headers clinfo

Is that all i need to do to install OpenCL on an Ubuntu 16.04 machine?  

Is there not a driver i need from intel?  it seems every intel openCL driver package i download, says it doesn't support my version of Ubuntu when i go to install
#4
Hi all,

Running Linux Mint (Cinnamon 18.1) here. I also get the CL_PLATFORM_NOT_FOUND_KHR error but I already have OpenCl installed and the other drivers disabled. Any suggestions?
#5
It is for sure a driver installation error. Just run a different OpenCL tool to verify, like this: https://github.com/Oblomov/clinfo