Hashcat command
Trying to extract the password for an itunes backup. I have all the info required. Having trouble with the command though. Its for iOS 11

I have my own dictionary, and I only want the first letter capital.  What would that command be?
How does your command look so far?

(01-07-2018, 04:51 AM)imak Wrote: and I only want the first letter capital.
I hope that means you know the rest of the password. Because despite what Hollywood movies make you believe, that's not how password hashing (and cracking) works.
(01-07-2018, 02:13 PM)undeath Wrote: How does your command look so far?

(01-07-2018, 04:51 AM)imak Wrote: and I only want the first letter capital.
I hope that means you know the rest of the password. Because despite what Hollywood movies make you believe, that's not how password hashing (and cracking) works.

I didn't know if it was possible or not. I have a dictionary of possible words, will it cycle through all possible combinations or just mix and match? For example, if my dictionary is "hashcat" will it try: Hashcat, hashcat, hAShcat. or will it copy verbatim whats in the dictionary?

running current command on windows, want to make sure I have it right before moving to ec2

hashcat64.exe -m 14800 key.txt dictionary.dict -r rules/myrule.rule
To verify your approach, you can use the --stdout parameter to check to see what is being output.
~