Did hashcat finished the session
Hello,I am a newbie,
I resumed with restore command a decrypt session that was already at 70%, then i went to walk outside, when i came back, the hash cat's windows was closed, and the restore file disappeared, also i didn't find any potfile and the output file was empty.
What's this means? Did hashcat finished the session without finding the right password?
I am on windows 10.I was using hashcat 5.1.0
(01-06-2021, 06:51 PM)Krnni Wrote: Hello,I am a newbie,
I resumed with restore command a decrypt session that was already at 70%, then i went to walk outside, when i came back, the hash cat's windows was closed, and the restore file disappeared, also i didn't find any potfile and the output file was empty.
What's this means? Did hashcat finished the session without finding the right password?
I am on windows 10.I was using hashcat 5.1.0

Hi, it probably exhausted all possibilities.. so yes it finished but didn’t find anything so...closed the process...
There s no way to find out if it really did its work, any log?
Most people run hashcat in a persistent window that doesn't close as soon as the process finishes.
(01-06-2021, 11:54 PM)undeath Wrote: Most people run hashcat in a persistent window that doesn't close as soon as the process finishes.

I thought i did, the was a command to run in a persistent window?