Restore from settings
Actually I think the best way is to add support for presents in GUI, not in hashcat. Thats something that scandium might add if you ask him. Or you add it yourself since the GUI has been made open source.
(03-27-2012, 03:16 PM)atom Wrote: Actually I think the best way is to add support for presents in GUI, not in hashcat. Thats something that scandium might add if you ask him. Or you add it yourself since the GUI has been made open source.

Yeah, that's what I actually meant from the start Tongue I've pointed him to this thread, so hopefully he takes a look at it.
(03-26-2012, 01:51 PM)Kakoose Wrote: AHHH, I think we might have a misunderstanding. I use Hashcat GUI to crack and I'm referring to when we close the gui and when we open it up again the settings are saved.

Thanks for your feedback! That feature has been requested before (it's also listed in the TODO file on github because of that) and I tend to agree, on my personal list of missing features/functionality that's quite on top of the list.

I will spend some time on refactoring the code, there are just too many areas where I think we can improve without investing too much, so I won't add new features etc. for a while. But after that this is certainly one of the things I'd like to see.
(03-28-2012, 06:57 PM)scandium Wrote:
(03-26-2012, 01:51 PM)Kakoose Wrote: AHHH, I think we might have a misunderstanding. I use Hashcat GUI to crack and I'm referring to when we close the gui and when we open it up again the settings are saved.

Thanks for your feedback! That feature has been requested before (it's also listed in the TODO file on github because of that) and I tend to agree, on my personal list of missing features/functionality that's quite on top of the list.

I will spend some time on refactoring the code, there are just too many areas where I think we can improve without investing too much, so I won't add new features etc. for a while. But after that this is certainly one of the things I'd like to see.

Thanks a lot for the response and it's nice to see it's on the to-do list! Smile
kudos!
Hi scandium just another request, could you please add the --username switch to Hashcat GUI? It would help with lists compiled with format user:hash, user:hashConfusedalt and such? Thank you!
Resume / Restore support added to latest oclHashcat-plus version. Thread closed.