Restore from settings
Hi atom,

I would just like to request a features (sorry if it's been requested before!), could you please create an option of hashcat to create a settings.ini file everything, so that it would save my options I had from my previous hashcat session last time I used the program (ie. would save wordlist paths, hash list. hash type chosen etc.).

Thank you!
This is not a good idea at all. Hashcat already contains a feature to restore a session based on your command line.
Why isn't this a good idea? I don't mean just the session, i mean everything such as wordlist(s) loaded, last hashlist one was trying to crack etc.
(03-18-2012, 01:14 PM)radix Wrote: Hashcat already contains a feature to restore a session based on your command line.

only -lite has a real restore feature
(03-18-2012, 03:07 PM)undeath Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 01:14 PM)radix Wrote: Hashcat already contains a feature to restore a session based on your command line.

only -lite has a real restore feature

and hashcat has -s
Is this really about restore from position X? As far as I understant it, he wants to redo some of his favourite attacks without writing all the full cmdline again and again. If this is true, my recommendation is to put them into a .bat or .sh file.
(03-18-2012, 07:19 PM)atom Wrote: Is this really about restore from position X? As far as I understant it, he wants to redo some of his favourite attacks without writing all the full cmdline again and again. If this is true, my recommendation is to put them into a .bat or .sh file.

yeah basically hes asking hashcat to write a file on run that saves all parameters. Like hitting the up arrow is too much work or something.
Yes radix, I am too lazy...happy? And what is wrong with trying to make it easier to start up a program rather than repeating processes?

When I'm trying to crack 10 + different lists (+diff hashtypes) at different periods of let's say a week, I'll have to load the same wordlist, hashtype, rules, resources etc and if on close hashcat saves these settings, it will save more time and be less of a bore to keep repeating the same steps. I don't think it should be too hard to code (?) and I don't know why any hashcat user would be against this idea.

.bat files will work but it would really only be suitable for 1 or 2 hash types, hashlist etc. When dealing with over 10 or 20 hash types .bat is really just an hassle. A settings.ini file would just make it simple and easier, no? :\

p.s. i don't mean the restore from session when cracking, i mean when setting up the program to go.
(03-19-2012, 08:19 AM)Kakoose Wrote: .bat files will work but it would really only be suitable for 1 or 2 hash types, hashlist etc. When dealing with over 10 or 20 hash types .bat is really just an hassle. A settings.ini file would just make it simple and easier, no? :\

Why, just pass an argument to the .bat, the hash-type, then you just need one.

AHHH, I think we might have a misunderstanding. I use Hashcat GUI to crack and I'm referring to when we close the gui and when we open it up again the settings are saved.