Posts: 6
Threads: 0
Joined: Nov 2023
I have converted the .cap file into .hc220000 file I wan to brootforce it and want to know the hash type of the file
The file looks like
WPA*02*MIC*MAC_AP*MAC_CLIENT*ESSID*NONCE_AP*EAPOL_CLIENT*MESSAGEPAIR
The messagepair is c2 in my case which means it is an authorised message pair
So I want to know the hash type to brootforce the file to get psk
I have pasted the text in online hash identifyier but it can't identify the hash type
Will someone help me plzz
Posts: 69
Threads: 2
Joined: Dec 2021
it was hash-mode 22000
https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes
Also you can upload cap-files to these sites
https://wpa-sec.stanev.org
https://www.onlinehashcrack.com
They can help if the password is relatively weak.
Posts: 6
Threads: 0
Joined: Nov 2023
@v71221 how to get pmkid hashes from that .hc22000 file .
Plzz help and sorry if my question is silly
Posts: 69
Threads: 2
Joined: Dec 2021
12-03-2023, 12:44 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023, 12:47 PM by v71221.)
@Sairaj@2001
Please read here
https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=cracking_wpawpa2
https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-10496-p...l#pid59645
https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-11176-p...l#pid59627
There is no royal road to science, and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of its steep paths have a chance of gaining its luminous summits.
quote by Karl Marx
You have to know Linux.
If it is too complicated for you, start with wifite
https://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to...2-0191739/
Posts: 18
Threads: 0
Joined: Dec 2023
please help, when installing via github, when on make command, it says error
hcxdumptool.c:40:10: fatal error: pcap/pcap.h: No such file or directory
40 | #include <pcap/pcap.h>
Posts: 1,048
Threads: 2
Joined: Jun 2017
12-04-2023, 01:53 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 02:01 PM by ZerBea.)
Since 28.11.2023 hcxdumptool has a full featured BPF compiler.
It can be enabled or disabled by Makefile before compilation:
Code:
# uncomment to enable BPF compiler
#DEFS += -DWANTLIBPCAP
#LDFLAGS += -lpcap
If the compiler is enabled, it is mandatory to satisfy the dependency libpcap.
e.g. on Debian based systems you have to install libpcap and libpcap-dev:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/libpcap-dev
https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/libpcap
That is mentioned in README.md section Requirements:
Code:
* libpcap and libpcap-dev (if internal BPF compiler has been enabled)
You got the fatal error, because these packages are not installed on your system.
By latest commit to git, the BPF compiler is now disabled by default.
Posts: 18
Threads: 0
Joined: Dec 2023
Thank you for the assistance.
I'm really sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm a newbie in The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and I've just been following tutorials on YouTube, so regarding installion of libpcap, I can't figure out the installation, because it is not in github, all I know is cloning and it looks like that's not what I need to do. I'm really sorry.
Posts: 1,048
Threads: 2
Joined: Jun 2017
12-04-2023, 02:34 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 02:39 PM by ZerBea.)
hcxdumptool and hcxtools ar part of K A L I
and they can be installed via its package manager
If you want to install the tools outside of your package manager you must install the dependencies, too.
Unfortunately I can't insert the links here, bacause the robot will destroy them (K A L I is replaced by The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well).
Posts: 18
Threads: 0
Joined: Dec 2023
Thank you devs. I fortunately fixed this problem with the help of google. I unfortunately encountered another problem. regarding this command
hcxdumptool -i interface -o dumpfile.pcapng --active_beacon --enable_status=15
i fixed the issure where -o must be replaced with -w, but an error shows "unrecognized option --active_beacon"
Posts: 1,048
Threads: 2
Joined: Jun 2017
You followed an outdated tutorial.
Since hcxdumptool v6.3.0 nearly everything has changed.
That include the options, too. As a result, your command line doesn't work.
To get an overview about all options, please take a look at
$ hcxdumptool -h
The expanded help will show an example you can start with
$ hcxdumptool --help