Hashcat 7Zip tutorial for Windows users
Hello, I forgot password for 7zip archive, but the good news is that I usually use similar or same words and numbers when making my passwords, meaning i can make a dictinary.

The problem is I cannot get the "hash file" from 7zip because the tool that I need to use runs on Linux only and I have no idea how to do this.

Can anyone make a tutorial how to use hashcat on Windows operating system to recover password for 7zip archive?
Can you not use Cygwin to use the tool with, inside Windows.
Hi just tried it, I cannot install packages on Cygwin and in the setup there is no package called libcompress-raw-lzma-perl so I cannot proceed further.
(08-29-2021, 11:46 PM)iscrewedup Wrote: Hi just tried it, I cannot install packages on Cygwin and in the setup there is no package called libcompress-raw-lzma-perl so I cannot proceed further.

there is a plain windows version of john the ripper, with all (i think so) tools also available in compiled form or at least in its python version like zip2john.py ,just install a recent version 3.9+ from python.org and use this tools straight on windows to extract the hash