missing glibc 2.14
hey guys, sry about the noob question but keep getting the following error when i run lite or plus beta

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./oclHashcat-lite64.bin)

i've downloaded glibc 2.14 and it seems to compile without any errors but i'm still getting the "`GLIBC_2.14' not found" error when i run lite or plus. any help is appreciated

this is on ubuntu 11.10 x64, catalyst 12.4
check this

http://askubuntu.com/questions/125649/re...libc-error

probably you have the same problem Smile

(05-23-2012, 06:12 AM)forumhero Wrote: hey guys, sry about the noob question but keep getting the following error when i run lite or plus beta

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./oclHashcat-lite64.bin)

i've downloaded glibc 2.14 and it seems to compile without any errors but i'm still getting the "`GLIBC_2.14' not found" error when i run lite or plus. any help is appreciated

this is on ubuntu 11.10 x64, catalyst 12.4
i got several of the same reports. its because i am compiling the binaries on ubuntu 12.04 which is using a bleeding edge new glibc. most of the other distributions do not yet ship it. maybe it will change later but i think its better, at least for the release version, do compile it again on an older glibc to maintain backward compatibility.
still no workaround for this found. anyone has an idea?
(06-02-2012, 09:51 PM)atom Wrote: still no workaround for this found. anyone has an idea?

Compile it in a VM and distribute it just like you do for 32, 64 bit.
james123, recompile for every glibc version it's not a good idea.

Users need to upgrade libc package.

(06-02-2012, 09:56 PM)james123 Wrote:
(06-02-2012, 09:51 PM)atom Wrote: still no workaround for this found. anyone has an idea?

Compile it in a VM and distribute it just like you do for 32, 64 bit.
(06-05-2012, 03:50 AM)m4tr1x Wrote: james123, recompile for every glibc version it's not a good idea.

Users need to upgrade libc package.

You can not simply 'upgrade libc package', you have to update the whole OS.

Hardly any OS has such a vigorous release cycle as Ubuntu so it seems ignorant to me to kick other OS users out i.e. me with Debian stable.

You do not need to compile for every glibc. Just the most popular today i.e. glibc 2.11.
Shameless self-bump.

So I take it from the lack of a reasonable fix that you do not care much for Linux users?

Hopefully when the beta goes public more people will complain and I can use hashcat tools again.
i had to upgrade to ubuntu 12.04 for it to work
Sooner or later everyone will update. But for the release (but only for this) version I will try to compile it on an older Ubuntu.