oclHashcat64.exe Process just kills itself?
At certain points during cracking the Hashcat process just kills itself & crashes? I've limiting it with -n 1 & it never used to do this before the update, any ideas?

Running an AMD Readeon 7670m Catalyst 14.9
Sounds like a defective gpu.
(01-04-2015, 11:28 PM)undeath Wrote: Sounds like a defective gpu.

It's nothing to do with my GPU, it worked fine before the update & it still works on gaming just fine, same FPS.

I'm sure it's a bug with Hashcat. I didn't want to update but it forced me to Angry
(01-04-2015, 11:30 PM)udiked Wrote:

It's nothing to do with my GPU, it worked fine before the update & it still works on gaming just fine, same FPS.

I'm sure it's a bug with Hashcat. I didn't want to update but it forced me to Angry

http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-3951.html, maybe we have the same problem?

Gaming does not stress your GPU like compute does. Nothing stresses your GPU more than hash cracking. If it works with -n 1 but doesn't with higher -n, it's entirely likely that there is a problem with your GPU.

However, it would be a lot more helpful if you posted some actual information instead of just "it crashes." Such as an error message you receive when it crashes, the specific commands you are running, etc.

(01-05-2015, 10:17 AM)pascalqq_new Wrote: http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-3951.html, maybe we have the same problem?

Doesn't sound anything like your problem.
(01-05-2015, 10:31 AM)epixoip Wrote:

Gaming does not stress your GPU like compute does. Nothing stresses your GPU more than hash cracking. If it works with -n 1 but doesn't with higher -n, it's entirely likely that there is a problem with your GPU.

However, it would be a lot more helpful if you posted some actual information instead of just "it crashes." Such as an error message you receive when it crashes, the specific commands you are running, etc.

(01-05-2015, 10:17 AM)pascalqq_new Wrote: http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-3951.html, maybe we have the same problem?

Doesn't sound anything like your problem.

It doesn't give an error at all, it simply stops running & the CMD box stays exactly as it was except the hash rate just stops & drops to 0. I've actually since found that the process doesn't kill itself, but instead the disk usage (Read/write) just drops to 0 & stays there.

I do not understand how this is an issue with my GPU, it worked perfectly fine before the update (This has literally never happened) & since the update I've had nothing but problems with it, therefore it's an issue with hashcat.
Ok, that's not crashing. That's entirely different from crashing. This is why you need to provide all available information in order to get accurate help.

What you are experiencing is a thread deadlock, and it is a known issue that is resolved in 1.32b15.

There is no workaround, you just have to kill it & --restore when you encounter it.
I have the same problem, the problem is happened when i was forced to use the new hashcat, i have windows 7, 32bit, gpu is AMD 7870, drivers are 14.9, often while is running the speed gpu go to 0, i'm pretty sure that the problem is on hashcat cause till 31 december with the old version i never had problems 2 january i have update and start have problems. Why can't we use the old version that was better?
i also sometimes got this bug. In my case speed goes to 0 only when start another oclhc session. When work only on one session this isseue never happend. Second question is - do You use rules ? I dont know why but in 90% case when one session work and run second with best64.rule after couple of secs session with best64 just stop. When i kill it and start another one with other rules all goes fine ;/