Not a native Intel OpenCL runtime
#1
Good morning,

I installed the necessary drivers and software explained in www.hashcat.net/faq/wrongdriver for my NVIDIA K1200 graphic card.
Everything went well. When I type the command "hashcat --benchmark" I'm shown following answer:
"* Device #1: Not a native Intel OpenCL runtime. Expect massive speed loss.
             You can use --force to override, but do not report related errors."
Is there anybody who can tell me what's wrong there?

TIA
Best regards
Miksch
Reply
#2
you probably have a Intel CPU in addition to your GPU.
If you have a CPU with OpenCL support you would need to install the OpenCL driver from software.intel.com to use your CPU too.

Does cracking with your GPU already work for you ?
If you only intend to crack with GPU, you won't need to worry about your CPU driver (and you can ignore it).

please always post the whole device/driver section of the hashcat output, because you should have many OpenCL Platforms/Vendors/Devices etc.
Reply
#3
Hi Phil Smile,

thank you for your quick answer!
Yes, I have an Intel graphic controller on board, but I want to use my NVIDIA graphic card, that isn't detected and I don't know why.
The output of hashcat is

* Device #1: Not a native Intel OpenCL runtime. Expect massive speed loss.
             You can use --force to override, but do not report related errors.
No devices found/left.

TIA
Best regards
Miksch

I have a complement to maike.
When I type the command clinfo there appears this message
"clinfo: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
When I start "hashcat --benchmark" there is following error hint: "Cannot find an OpenCL ICD loader library." That allthough I have installed nvidia-driver 3.90x.
Reply
#4
You need to install OpenCL.
Code:
apt-get install ocl-icd-libopencl1 opencl-headers clinfo
Reply
#5
(02-01-2019, 10:43 PM)soxrok2212 Wrote: You need to install OpenCL.
Code:
apt-get install ocl-icd-libopencl1 opencl-headers clinfo

Hi Soxrok2212 Smile,

thank you for your reply. Yes, I know. I've already installed it. But it don't works.
Code:
Package: ocl-icd-libopencl1 Status: install ok installed
Code:
Package: opencl-headers Status: install ok installed
Code:
Package: clinfo Status: install ok installed
When I give the command
Code:
hashcat --benchmark
I get this output
Code:
hashcat (v5.1.0) starting in benchmark mode... Benchmarking uses hand-optimized kernel code by default. You can use it in your cracking session by setting the -O option. Note: Using optimized kernel code limits the maximum supported password length. To disable the optimized kernel code in benchmark mode, use the -w option. * Device #1: Not a native Intel OpenCL runtime. Expect massive speed loss.             You can use --force to override, but do not report related errors. No devices found/left.
Reply
#6
Have you rebooted after you installed? What does clinfo output?
Reply
#7
(02-02-2019, 06:24 PM)soxrok2212 Wrote: Have you rebooted after you installed? What does clinfo output?

Hi soxrok2212,
thank you for your help again! Yes, I've rebooted the system. The output of
Code:
clinfo
is appended to this post.
I just have seen, that the appendix isn't posted, so I'll post it here as code:
Code:
Number of platforms                               1  Platform Name                                   Portable Computing Language  Platform Vendor                                 The pocl project  Platform Version                                OpenCL 1.2 pocl 1.2 None+Asserts, LLVM 6.0.1, SLEEF, DISTRO, POCL_DEBUG  Platform Profile                                FULL_PROFILE  Platform Extensions                             cl_khr_icd  Platform Extensions function suffix             POCL  Platform Name                                   Portable Computing Language Number of devices                                 1  Device Name                                     pthread-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz  Device Vendor                                   GenuineIntel  Device Vendor ID                                0x6c636f70  Device Version                                  OpenCL 1.2 pocl HSTR: pthread-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-skylake  Driver Version                                  1.2  Device OpenCL C Version                         OpenCL C 1.2 pocl  Device Type                                     CPU  Device Profile                                  FULL_PROFILE  Device Available                                Yes  Compiler Available                              Yes  Linker Available                                Yes  Max compute units                               8  Max clock frequency                             4200MHz  Device Partition                                (core)    Max number of sub-devices                     8    Supported partition types                     equally, by counts    Supported affinity domains                    (n/a)  Max work item dimensions                        3  Max work item sizes                             4096x4096x4096  Max work group size                             4096  Preferred work group size multiple              8  Preferred / native vector sizes                    char                                                16 / 16          short                                               16 / 16          int                                                  8 / 8          long                                                 4 / 4          half                                                 0 / 0        (n/a)    float                                                8 / 8          double                                               4 / 4        (cl_khr_fp64)  Half-precision Floating-point support           (n/a)  Single-precision Floating-point support         (core)    Denormals                                     Yes    Infinity and NANs                             Yes    Round to nearest                              Yes    Round to zero                                 Yes    Round to infinity                             Yes    IEEE754-2008 fused multiply-add               Yes    Support is emulated in software               No    Correctly-rounded divide and sqrt operations  Yes  Double-precision Floating-point support         (cl_khr_fp64)    Denormals                                     Yes    Infinity and NANs                             Yes    Round to nearest                              Yes    Round to zero                                 Yes    Round to infinity                             Yes    IEEE754-2008 fused multiply-add               Yes    Support is emulated in software               No  Address bits                                    64, Little-Endian  Global memory size                              31514038272 (29.35GiB)  Error Correction support                        No  Max memory allocation                           8589934592 (8GiB)  Unified memory for Host and Device              Yes  Minimum alignment for any data type             128 bytes  Alignment of base address                       1024 bits (128 bytes)  Global Memory cache type                        Read/Write  Global Memory cache size                        8388608 (8MiB)  Global Memory cache line size                   64 bytes  Image support                                   Yes    Max number of samplers per kernel             16    Max size for 1D images from buffer            536870912 pixels    Max 1D or 2D image array size                 2048 images    Max 2D image size                             16384x16384 pixels    Max 3D image size                             2048x2048x2048 pixels    Max number of read image args                 128    Max number of write image args                128  Local memory type                               Global  Local memory size                               4194304 (4MiB)  Max number of constant args                     8  Max constant buffer size                        4194304 (4MiB)  Max size of kernel argument                     1024  Queue properties                                    Out-of-order execution                        No    Profiling                                     Yes  Prefer user sync for interop                    Yes  Profiling timer resolution                      1ns  Execution capabilities                              Run OpenCL kernels                            Yes    Run native kernels                            Yes  printf() buffer size                            16777216 (16MiB)  Built-in kernels                                (n/a)  Device Extensions                               cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_fp64 cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics cl_khr_fp64 NULL platform behavior  clGetPlatformInfo(NULL, CL_PLATFORM_NAME, ...)  Portable Computing Language  clGetDeviceIDs(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, ...)   Success [POCL]  clCreateContext(NULL, ...) [default]            Success [POCL]  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_DEFAULT)  Success (1)    Platform Name                                 Portable Computing Language    Device Name                                   pthread-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU)  Success (1)    Platform Name                                 Portable Computing Language    Device Name                                   pthread-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU)  No devices found in platform  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ACCELERATOR)  No devices found in platform  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CUSTOM)  No devices found in platform  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL)  Success (1)    Platform Name                                 Portable Computing Language    Device Name                                   pthread-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz ICD loader properties  ICD loader Name                                 OpenCL ICD Loader  ICD loader Vendor                               OCL Icd free software  ICD loader Version                              2.2.12  ICD loader Profile                              OpenCL 2.2
Reply
#8
Hi there Smile,

I'm just searching for the problem, that my NVIDIA K1200 isn't recognized by hashcat.
In my opinion it seems to be there a problem with the directory
Code:
/run/user/1000/gvfs
The command
Code:
ls -la
shows following line
Code:
d?????????  ? ?       ?         ?            ? gvfs
When I try to delete it I'm shown, that I'm not allowed to do this.
What could this be for a directory, how could I purge it?

TIA
Best regards
Miksch
Reply
#9
In my opinion your are completely at the wrong track.

Just look at your clinfo output, it says:
Code:
Platform Vendor The pocl project

this is completely wrong. Why do you even have pocl installed?
Your installation is not correct and pocl shouldn't be installed at all.

The clinfo output must have the NVIDIA Platform Vendor mentioned and pocl of course shouldn't be there.

I would suggest to remove all the alternative drivers (the open source ones too, like mesa/pocl etc) and install the driver from nvidia.com.
Make the clinfo output looking good first, before you try hashcat. It's not a hashcat problem for sure in this case!
Reply
#10
Hi philsmd Smile,

thank you for your important hint! I'm completeley new in the theme of ocl, so I didn't mention this mistake myself. Firt time I had installed the official NVIDIA driver. With this driver hashcat worked, but gave me the hint, that it would be the wrong driver and I should have a look at www.hashcat.net/faq/wrongdriver so I uninstalled the official NVIDIA Driver and tried the way given by the faq.
Now I'm going back and try it again Wink.

Thanks a lot! I'm going to report about what happens.

Miksch

(02-03-2019, 01:29 PM)philsmd Wrote: In my opinion your are completely at the wrong track.

Just look at your clinfo output, it says:
Code:
Platform Vendor                                 The pocl project

this is completely wrong. Why do you even have pocl installed?
Your installation is not correct and pocl shouldn't be installed at all.

The clinfo output must have the NVIDIA Platform Vendor mentioned and pocl of course shouldn't be there.

I would suggest to remove all the alternative drivers (the open source ones too, like mesa/pocl etc) and install the driver from nvidia.com.
Make the clinfo output looking good first, before you try hashcat. It's not a hashcat problem for sure in this case!
Reply