amd-gpu-pro update
#1
Just updated amd-gpu-pro from amdgpu-pro_16.30.3-306809 to amdgpu-pro_16.30.3-315407 and it still sucks.

Still required i386 architecture to be enabled
Still fails to compile -m 1800
#2
new one is amdgpu-pro-16.40-348864.tar.xz, still no good?

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/ubunt...864.tar.xz
#3
Still required i386 architecture to be enabled - but I just found out you can hack the install script pretty easily. You just need to remove the amdgpu-pro-lib32 package in the Ubuntu switch case
Still fails to compile -m 1800 - Can't test anymore since I've workaround that issue in the OpenCL kernel
#4
Thanks for the info.. so is there any working solution for the old R9 290X's to run hashcat in 16.04 Ubuntu you think?
#5
I did some more tests with 16.40. Here's some log from IRC:

15:30:12 @atom | with amd-gpu-pro 16.40 amd is back where they left with the great catalyst 15.12, speedwise
15:30:46 @atom | so we finally can recommend ubuntu 16.04 even for amd
15:31:24 @atom | (including linux kernel 4.4)

Here's the comparison sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=133823274
#6
ahh, can you kindly post the install script w/ i386 architecture removed? I wanna install on a clean 16.04 Ubuntu
#7
OK... I see the script, amdgpu-pro-16.40-348864/amdgpu-pro-install will just removing all instance of amdgpu-pro-lib32 work?

e.g. from:
Code:
function os_release() { [[ -r  /etc/os-release ]] && . /etc/os-release case "$ID" in ubuntu) PACKAGES="amdgpu-pro amdgpu-pro-lib32 amdgpu-pro-dkms" ;; steamos) PACKAGES="amdgpu-pro-driver amdgpu-pro-lib32 "` `"glx-alternative-amdgpu-pro amdgpu-pro-dkms" ;; *) echo "Unsupported OS" | stderr exit 1 ;; esac }

to this:
Code:
function os_release() { [[ -r  /etc/os-release ]] && . /etc/os-release case "$ID" in ubuntu) PACKAGES="amdgpu-pro amdgpu-pro-dkms" ;; steamos) PACKAGES="amdgpu-pro-driver"` `"glx-alternative-amdgpu-pro amdgpu-pro-dkms" ;; *) echo "Unsupported OS" | stderr exit 1 ;; esac }

would that be correct @atom?
#8
Yes, that's all I did. I'm using ubuntu 16.04 server 64 bit
#9
Thanks!! awesome.. I was waiting for you Smile

So all i'm gonna do is follow this guide: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=linux_server_howto
 and swap out the drivers.. fingers crossed she works Smile
#10
Why do I have to run hashcat as root!

With a normal user on headless 16.04 i get..

Code:
/hashcat -b -m 2500 hashcat (v3.10-687-gcb6e210) starting in benchmark mode... /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0/power_dpm_force_performance_level: Permission denied /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:07:00.0/power_dpm_force_performance_level: Permission denied /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:08:00.0/power_dpm_force_performance_level: Permission denied OpenCL Platform #1: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. ================================================ * Device #1: Hawaii, 2047/4026 MB allocatable, 14MCU * Device #2: Hawaii, 2047/4043 MB allocatable, 14MCU * Device #3: Hawaii, 2047/4043 MB allocatable, 14MCU * Device #4: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, skipped Hashtype: WPA/WPA2 Speed.Dev.#1.....:   193.1 kH/s (73.70ms) Speed.Dev.#2.....:   171.5 kH/s (83.03ms) Speed.Dev.#3.....:   171.5 kH/s (83.04ms) Speed.Dev.#*.....:   536.2 kH/s /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0/power_dpm_force_performance_level: Permission denied /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:07:00.0/power_dpm_force_performance_level: Permission denied /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:08:00.0/power_dpm_force_performance_level: Permission denied