Integer overflow detected
Hi all
Noob question alert!

Im trying to execute a mask attack on a .hccpx file.
I know its 10 characters long and a mix of upper and numbers.
I tried
Code:
hashcat -a 3 -m 2500 --force '/root/Captures/1.hccapx' ?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d

This resulted in this error..
Code:
Integer overflow detected in keyspace of mask: ?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d

Thanks
first off, why are you using --force? This can cause issues cracking. Hashcat gives you reasons as to solve why it is not working correctly and you should listen. 
secondly, your mask is completely wrong. See the wiki for help creating your mask. You're attempting a 20 character password which is way to big which is causing your integer overflow.

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=mask_attack
(01-26-2020, 11:44 PM)slyexe Wrote: first off, why are you using --force? This can cause issues cracking. Hashcat gives you reasons as to solve why it is not working correctly and you should listen. 
secondly, your mask is completely wrong. See the wiki for help creating your mask. You're attempting a 20 character password which is way to big which is causing your integer overflow.

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=mask_attack

Thanks for the response.
First thanks for the tip, I was using--gorce to literally try and force it!
I've spent a long time with the wiki before asking here, obviously I'm struggling or else I wouldn't of asked for help.
Any more granular help would be greatly appreciated.
For your mask, if you're wanting to do uppercase + digits you will need to create a custom mask using the prebuilt commands of -1 to -4. So instead of interleaving your mask with ?u and ?d we need to define that we want UPPERCASE & DIGIT characters to be searched in all positions of our attack. So create a custom mask using -1 and define ?u?d.

So for example:

hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -a 3 -1 ?u?d hash.hccapx ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

This attack would do all uppercase & digits on every character (10 length). However, this attack isn't very smart as itll take forever to do, your trying a 36^10 keyspace or  3,656,158,440,062,976 guesses. Dependent on your hardware, it'll probably take more than a lifetime to attempt this. With my hardware it's only 386 years, better get started now!
(01-28-2020, 12:17 AM)slyexe Wrote: For your mask, if you're wanting to do uppercase + digits you will need to create a custom mask using the prebuilt commands of -1 to -4. So instead of interleaving your mask with ?u and ?d we need to define that we want UPPERCASE & DIGIT characters to be searched in all positions of our attack. So create a custom mask using -1 and define ?u?d.

So for example:

hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -a 3 -1 ?u?d hash.hccapx ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

This attack would do all uppercase & digits on every character (10 length). However, this attack isn't very smart as itll take forever to do, your trying a 36^10 keyspace or  3,656,158,440,062,976 guesses. Dependent on your hardware, it'll probably take more than a lifetime to attempt this. With my hardware it's only 386 years, better get started now!

Hi, thanks much appreciated. yes its a huge keyspace I know... gulp!

I was using the --force option as I recive this warning without it...
Code:
hashcat Device #1: Not a native Intel OpenCL runtime. Expect massive speed loss.              You can use --force to override, but do not report related errors.

I have ran
Code:
apt-get install ocl-icd-libopencl1 opencl-headers clinfo
as seen in this thread https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-8116.html
As you can see it hasn't solved the issue as only the GPU is been used.~

Code:
# hashcat -a 0 -m 2500 '/root/dee576140569943e096fe9de34f8a2eb8460aaed.hccapx' '/root/wpa2-wordlists/WordList Collection/wpa.txt'
hashcat (v5.1.0) starting...

* Device #2: Not a native Intel OpenCL runtime. Expect massive speed loss.
            You can use --force to override, but do not report related errors.
nvmlDeviceGetFanSpeed(): Not Supported

OpenCL Platform #1: NVIDIA Corporation
======================================
* Device #1: GeForce GTX 1050, 500/2002 MB allocatable, 5MCU

OpenCL Platform #2: The pocl project
====================================
* Device #2: pthread-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, skipped.

Hashes: 12 digests; 12 unique digests, 12 unique salts
Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates
Rules: 1

Applicable optimizers:
* Zero-Byte
* Slow-Hash-SIMD-LOOP

Minimum password length supported by kernel: 8
Maximum password length supported by kernel: 63

Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c

* Device #1: build_opts '-cl-std=CL1.2 -I OpenCL -I /usr/share/hashcat/OpenCL -D LOCAL_MEM_TYPE=1 -D VENDOR_ID=32 -D CUDA_ARCH=601 -D AMD_ROCM=0 -D VECT_SIZE=1 -D DEVICE_TYPE=4 -D DGST_R0=0 -D DGST_R1=1 -D DGST_R2=2 -D DGST_R3=3 -D DGST_ELEM=4 -D KERN_TYPE=2500 -D _unroll'
Dictionary cache building /root/wpa2-wordlists/WordList Collection/wpa.txt: 3355Dictionary cache built:
* Filename..: /root/wpa2-wordlists/WordList Collection/wpa.txt
* Passwords.: 2830423
* Bytes.....: 39123636
* Keyspace..: 2830423
* Runtime...: 1 sec

[s]tatus [p]ause [b]ypass [c]heckpoint [q]uit => s

Should I make a new topic for this issue?
Thanks
try the beta from https://hashcat.net/beta
(01-29-2020, 03:03 PM)philsmd Wrote: try the beta from https://hashcat.net/beta

What is the best way to install?
Do I need to remove 5.1.0?
Also I noticed a Nvidia version, I'm using A i7cpu and GTX1050 could this version apply to me?
Thanks
Simply just extract the contents of the 7z archive and you're set. Otherwise, if you're seeing nvidia or amd versions they're probably very old OCLhashcat when there was 2 separate software for both CPU & GPU. Everything is integrated now for a long time. 

Once you have the folder extracted, simply open terminal and navigate to the hashcat beta folder. You can put whatever necessary resources (hashes, wordlist,rules, mask etc.) within the folder to make things easier on yourself.
(01-30-2020, 03:31 AM)slyexe Wrote: Simply just extract the contents of the 7z archive and you're set. Otherwise, if you're seeing nvidia or amd versions they're probably very old OCLhashcat when there was 2 separate software for both CPU & GPU. Everything is integrated now for a long time. 

Once you have the folder extracted, simply open terminal and navigate to the hashcat beta folder. You can put whatever necessary resources (hashes, wordlist,rules, mask etc.) within the folder to make things easier on yourself.

Brilliant, thanks for the help.
I'll test this later, after I get back home.
Hum, the mask u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d?u?d with mode 2500 is clearly *not* doable in a lifetime with your GTX1050.
Nobody on Earth can run this mask even with 100 x 2080ti.