[oclhashcat+] wpa/wpa2
Hi. Just a quick check. I think that I have read somewhere that for WPA/WPA2, the password cannot be less than 8 characters. If that's correct, are the dictionary words smaller than 8 characters automatically skipped by OCLhashcat-plus?
Yes!
Atom this is great news! I cant wait to try this out and make an updated write up just for cracking wpa. Do future plans include the ability to allow user to point the GUI towards the aircrack files to possible run the hcap conversions for you locally as well? That would be pretty cool add on for down the road. Thanks again. H.R.
welcome HRob1n to hashcat world Smile if you want this feature in the gui you should ask scandium. he is the coder of the gui. or even better create a new thread in the feature request section in this forum.

optionally i've updated http://hashcat.net/cap2hccap/ with a link to the patch files for aircrack-ng for local convert.
The newest Beta run as fast as hell
overlocked from 880 Mhz to 930 Mhz

[s]tatus [p]ause [r]esume [q]uit => s
Status.......: Running
Input.Mode...: File (BIG-WPA-LIST-2)
Hash.Target..: SHOP
Hash.Type....: WPA/WPA2
Time.Running.: 2 mins, 0 secs
Time.Left....: 5 mins, 20 secs
Time.Util....: 120018ms/3232ms Real/CPU, 2.8% idle
Speed........: 187.6k c/s Real, 193.3k c/s GPU
Recovered....: 0/1 Digests, 0/1 Salts
Progress.....: 22511627/82522735 (27.28%) done, 11/22511627 (0.00%) reject
HW.Monitor.#1: 95% GPU, 74c Temp
HW.Monitor.#2: 95% GPU, 75c Temp
Big thanks for a link to the patch...been looking non stop for it since I read this!
Very nice, I like it.

However I'm getting length errors reading the hccap file generated by the patched aircrack-ng - and oclhashcat-plus64 shows some of the line which is just junk.

Any ideas what causes this? Have i missed a post on it?

[EDIT] nvm, think i know whats wrong. this is not released yet it is? Smile im using the last oclhashcat-plus from the download section [/edit]
yeah, right! some of the long-time member do have access to the beta section. on there is a plus version with wpa/wpa2 support. i guess i will release new beta with wpa/wpa2 supports this weekend if nothing comes in between (major bugs, ...)
Awesome bro thanks. and i will gladly supply you with coffee and cookies! Smile (or hard liquor if that takes your fancy.. but may interfere with that beta release....)
this is awesome news!